Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Monster Post Coming…

…but I didn’t get it done last night. It will be a run-on monster that includes hiking, night-mtn biking, botany, geology, clay-mation Christmas specials, camping, children, dangerous animals, a video, half-baked philosophical conjecture and even a dream report. (And yes, all those topics will tie together.)

IMG_2216 In the meantime, enjoy a couple of rainbow pics from last night.* If you look closely, you can see it’s a double, with the colors reversed. If you’re curious how that works, see this post.

IMG_2219 *Yes, I am a sucker for rainbows. But seriously, is there anything prettier?

5 comments:

Watcher said...

Oh, and astronomy, too.

KanyonKris said...

I'm preparing my brain for the readathon to come.

Enel said...

Are you the one who said night riding is like hotel sex...The same but different? That is the best analogy I have ever heard.

Watcher said...

Yes, that was me. Glad you liked the analogy.

(Though I was always partial to the Evolution-Days-Of-Our-Lives analogy… I also liked the C4 photosynthesis – singlespeed descending analogy, but I’m not sure anyone else ever got it.)

Enel said...

Actually, I liked the Singlespeeders are like Jesus Freaks analogy second only to the hotel sex analogy.

http://watchingtheworldwakeup.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-singlespeeders-are-like-jesus.html

The question becomes what are 29" bike zealots like? Or 29" and single speed riders?

BTW, I see you need to come to Jesus, get a single speed, and you really, really need a 29" bike, would you like to talk about these issues some time....:)