Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We Apologize For The Interruption Of Service

Thanks again Phil, Kevin and Mark for an outstanding Guest Week. If I just had a few dozen more regular guest-posters, this project would be a piece of cake!

Yes, I’m back. But I was home for only about 12 hours. I’m on the road for work*, and then out of the country for a week. So while I’ve got lots to blog about from Mexico, it’ll be a few, maybe several, days before I can post. But I assure you that when I do post, I’ll have great stuff about birds, trees and an extended tangent about bribery and law enforcement personnel**. So hang tight.

*Actually a combined work/boondoggle, but that’s another story, for probably 3 or 4 posts down the road.

**Arguably my Best. Teaser. Ever.

In the meantime, just to share a couple of glimpses of my weird, hectic life, in the past 10 days I’ve gone from this:

…to this:

…to this*.

*Yup. That’s the boondoggle part.

2 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Looks like the Bear Claw Poppy trail in St. George. That thunderhead off in the near-distance looked ominous, but my guess is you finished the ride before getting wet.

The ruts in the trail appear to have mellowed some. When bikes ride that trail wet it makes a big mess that lasts a long time, sometimes a whole season.

Watcher said...

KKris- you got it. The ruts aren't bad at all now. And I did avoid the rain. It was snowing up in Cedar and down as far as New Harmony, then pouring rain as far South as the Washington exit, then magically dry in SG. I rode, and then it started raining right after- totally threaded the needle.