Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Naked Photo Filler

I’m back. Arizona Steve and I did 5-day backpack into a North Rim tributary of the Grand Canyon, a trip which included beautiful views, ancient rock art, hallucinogenic plants*, hanging gardens, epic stargazing, high-exposure scrambling, getting lost, getting found and of course utterly fantastic geology.

*No, we didn’t smoke dope. Besides, Maryjane’s not hallucinogenic.

If I had unlimited time I’d do a whole series of posts that covered all of these topics, but I’m swamped the next week+ with work/travel, so I’m not sure yet when/what I’ll post about. If you’re a regular reader and have a topic preference, feel free to speak up*.

*“More photos of you naked…” is not a valid topic preference.

In the meantime, I’ll just share the photo below, mainly because a) I love the photo* and b) now I can say I posted a naked pic of myself on the Internet.

Watcher Colorado River *Yes, but do you know why I love it? Check out the color of the water. That’s how the Colorado used to run, before they dammed it.

9 comments:

KanyonKris said...

No Comments? You've stunned your audience? No one knows what to say?

How about juvenile: Say no to crack!

"*No, we didn’t smoke dope. Besides, Maryjane’s not hallucinogenic." Yet you say your trip included hallucinogenic plants. So perhaps you didn't smoke them, or you did smoke something just not marijuana. Whatever the case you have not adequately denied getting high.

BTW, can said hallucinogenic plants erase memories? If so, I need some.

Watcher said...

KKris- I'm going to take that as topic preference for hallucinogenic plants, to which I will get shortly.

In the meantime, yes, it's always surprising which posts generate comments and which ones don't. However this one did seem to generate a greater-than-normal number of office drop-bys by Lurking Coworker Readers... Not sure what to make of that. Maybe they were just checking to make sure I had pants on.

Lucy said...

I vote for the utterly fantastic geology because 1) it is, 2) it probably includes the part about getting lost and found, and 3) it probably does not include anymore naked photos.

John said...

Thunder River/Tapeats, Kanab Canyon area?

kel said...

i'm interested in the hanging gardens and the getting lost/found story...btw, love the pic ;)

Phil O. said...

Uh-oh, now my company's web filter will block this site...

Watcher said...

OK, so the votes are:

KKris- Drugs, er, I mean hallucinogenic plants
Jube- Geology
Kel- More Naked Photos

OK, so not a clear consensus, so I'm going to post more or less chronologically, but we'll cover all these topics in the next 3 (maybe 4) posts. First up -Watcher Gets Lost!

John: Good guess, but we were further West, in the Tuckup drainage. Full details coming...

KristenT said...

Didn't know you had a tattoo!

Is it too late to add a vote for geology? 'Cuz rocks are cool.

Watcher said...

KristenT- Yes, it's too late to vote- the Republicans have taken the hou- I mean, I already completed the Grand Canyon Series. But don't fear- plenty of Way Cool Geology in parts 2, 4 and 5.

(Yes, I have a tattoo, and maybe someday I will work it into a tangent.)