Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Foliage-Cam Filler (2)

IMG_7829 The Grand Canyon backpack series will resume tomorrow with a botanical/ pharmacological extravaganza. I’ve been traveling a bunch (for work) since returning, in the Midwest last week and Florida this week.

But I managed to get out this weekend and was surprised at how great the colors still are up around the 8,000 foot level. Here’s a clip along the North end of Mid-Mountain trail. For plant geeks, the still-green shrubs lining the trail on the left at 0:10 and again at 0:30 are Tobaccobrush. You can clearly see likely clonal boundaries all over the place, especially with the Aspen stand I pass through starting at 0:48 and the Gambel Oak stand I roll past at 1:23.

It’s been the nicest Fall I can remember in the Wasatch. I’ll be sad to see it end.

No comments: