Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Now You Know

… why I’ve been so busy.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100105005771&newsLang=en

For the past couple of months I’ve been peppering my posts with whiny excuses about how busy I’ve been at work. So yeah, I really have. This is what I’ve been working on.

To be clear, it’s a real good thing for the Watcher Family, though these types of events are inevitably filled with turmoil and change, and no small bit of anguish.

Anyway, I’m posting this for 2 reasons. First, if you know me in real life*, this is why I’ve been so unavailable, not very responsive, perhaps a bit “curt” and well, maybe even a bit of a dick over the last couple of months. I’m sorry, and hope you understand. I don’t have any real excuse, other than that sometimes in life you just have to knuckle down and get stuff done.

*And I’m continually surprised by how many people who do know me read this blog. It’s funny, they’ll just sometimes make a reference to it, and I’ll realize with a start that they read it. But they generally don’t talk about it much, like it would be embarrassing or something to talk about it in real life. It’s almost like if they walked into your house or your office and you happened to have no pants on. And then later on they might refer to having seen you the other day or whatever, but it would be sort of a quick and hurried acknowledgement, because they didn’t want to get to the part about you having no pants on**.

**Is this footnote making sense? Because it makes total sense in my head, but looks weird on the screen. BTW, just to be clear, I am wearing pants

If you don’t know me in real life, this is the reason- the only reason- that my posting frequency has slacked off of late. I’d like to say it’s over, that the busy-ness has abated, and that things are back to normal, but that’s not the case. My professional life will stay crazy-busy for the next few months, and posting will be light as a result.

The project isn’t ending, or even taking a break. It’s just going to proceed more slowly for a bit. I feel like a veil’s been lifted from my eyes over the past 18 months, and I won’t allow the dark cold of Winter or the here-and-now pressure of the corporate life to let it fall back down again.

Besides, I have this weird hunch that this whole deal’s going to give me some great material.

5 comments:

KB said...

I guess that we never know where life is taking us. Or, we take the bull by the horns and make it take us where we want to go.

I hope that there's not too much turmoil or anguish...

Unknown said...

I don't know you in real life, but love your posts. Keep it up, and optional pants are ok with me!

Ski Bike Junkie said...

Congratulations. Dug and I were talking about it this morning, and such an acquisition, particularly at that price, is quite an accomplishment in this market. Since I do know you in real life, it's nice that a celebration was already in the works.

WheelDancer said...

Congratulations; I don't know you in real life but I generally assume that everyone on the internet is without pants. I've wondered if our paths might cross as your people have been courting my people and we could use some additional insights...

KristenT said...

Winter is traditionally a time for slowing-down-- plants do it all the time, so do wild animals. So a blog-slow-down is totally in keeping with the rest of the world.

Congrats!